[81 / 6 / ?]

Search Backend Changes

## Admin No.188 View ViewReplyReportDelete
The search backend for wakarimasen has been reworked.

Historically most Fuuka archives use Sphinx Search to provide searching functionality. As I understand it, most archives have trouble managing Sphinx cost effectively once they start archiving hundreds of millions of posts. In order to explore new to provide search, I looked into Postgres full text search - while it worked there were some problems (1) RAM and Disk usage was higher than I liked (2) there were several complaints about the searching system (>>74, >>66) (3) Limitations in SQL caused pathological performance pitfalls when there were a lot of matches, but the result set needed to be sorted by post date.

This new system based on a new-ish Rust project which is based on a lucene-like search library functions more typically like a search engine. There are several advantages, among them being reduced server usage and increased speed - as well as being able to index and search all posts in the database (even Sphinx is limited to 50,000 posts on most other archives). However this project is pretty new (I came across a couple bugs just trying to get it up and running), and I want to see how well it works for users.

Please post feedback and searches you have made in this thread and any unexpected results. I will unlikely be implementing new features (such as wildcard search), but I want most queries to be handled.

Lastly, thanks for all the individuals who have donated over the past couple weeks. For others, right now, I'm only supporting BTC, ETH and BAT - I will have to figure out how to setup wallets for every other shitcoin under the sun that people want to donate under.

>BTC: 1LQ6723An3ERoRHJC8B3e3eCSrgSRY3oP3
>ETH: 0x13dD4FD1349a676D9e948774dded9e0Dd17C63DD